UNISTAR TALENT IS A SCAM!

Dallas, Texas 2 comments

MY GOAL: To save at least one unsuspecting person their hard earned money, because I obviously wasted mine.

LONG READ, BUT IN A NUTSHELL: ELENA HUMPHRIES AND HER COMPANY UNISTAR TALENT (WHICH ENTAILS STEVE HUMPHRIES AND LISA STANLEY) WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, AND YOU’LL BE LUCKY IF YOU HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN AFTER THAT.IF YOU DO FINALLY GET A HOLD OF HER (possibly by email), BE PREPARED FOR HER TO TALK IN CIRCLES OR GIVE YOU SOME INVALID EXCUSE FOR WHY SHE HASN’T DONE ANYTHING FOR YOU AND WHY YOU HAVEN’T PHYSICALLY RECEIVED YOUR PHOTOS AND COMP CARDS THAT YOU PAID FOR.

IN MY OPINION, SHE AND HER COMPANY ARE EXTREMELY FRAUDULENT!!!!

I signed with Elena Humphries, last January 2011, after seeing a Craigslist ad she posted looking for talent, because she was launching her so called talent agency (Unistar Talent) and needed clients, or victims. Prior to signing, I’ve done research on the web that said if a talent agency ever asks you for money upfront and/or advertises for clientele on the web, that it is most likely a fraud like One Source Talent, Explore Talent, John Casa Blanca and Barbizon Modeling School and so on. However, I took the chance to go in and meet with her to see what she had to say, after I submitted a few photos that she claimed she liked. She told me I was photogenic and I asked her extensive questions to try to determine if she was legit or not because since this was a very new company there wasn’t any information on the web or BBB so it was hard for me decipher.

She also claimed that she was a former international model, but I couldn’t really find any supporting information on that as well. Based on her responses it seemed that she could very well be legit, but I knew that I wouldn’t really be able to tell until I signed with her and worked with her company. Only time would tell. Well folks, time has truly spoken.

She is extremely unprofessional. Once she takes your $1,100 or any sum of money for the so called photo shoot (or $700 like Hickster says) be prepared for a serious drop in communication from her and if you are lucky enough to reach her she’ll give you nonsensical excuses. She rarely responded to my emails after months and weeks of trying to contact her. I also received no response to phone calls or voicemails, so I could get updates.

The photos I paid $1,100 for were very subpar, and I have taken photos by cheaper photographers that came out much better. Moreover, I’ve never even seen or received my printed comp cards or portfolio book she claimed that my money was designated for. This leads me to strongly believe that she has misappropriated or pocketed my funds. Additionally, within the past year not only has she done consistently well at acquiring an F rating with the BBB (she currently has a C+), but she’s also honed her skills at switching offices constantly.

She has been in 4 different offices in the past year. What legit business do you know switches offices so often, and I was only informed of one move. I found out about her third move by driving down to her office building because she was not responding to my communication attempts and the woman at the front desk informed me that they had moved. I wasn’t surprised.

My advice is please don’t waste your money. My experience with her company and unprofessionalism has been horrid. When you look for a talent agency, look for legit ones and focus on companies that already have a history with the BBB or at least ratings on the internet, so you can determine whether it’s worth signing or a fraud. If the company post online for clients or ask for money upfront, run the other away.

Legit and established agencies like Kim Dawson would never post online for clients, because they know how to get them. Elena simply wanted my money, and hasn’t delivered anything since. I haven’t been on at least one audition to see if I can book a job, and she has provided me with no legit information to prove that she has been working on submitting me for castings. I mean you can’t even really get in contact with her, most likely because she’s busy moving offices ever chance she gets, hanging up on you when you call her cell phone because she claims there’s static and she can’t hear you, flying back and forth between her home country and the U.S.

and setting up fake photo shoots so she can take your money…..basically everything but actually doing work for her clients and maintaining a good reputation.

I am extremely disgusted by her behavior and lack of business ethics.The good reviews she posted on the site and others as a rebuttal to hickster, I believe are all manufactured by her or her associates to try to create a positive image, so she can continue to take people’s money.

Review about: Unprofessional Service.

Plano, Texas, United States #612556

Yeah, me too!I paid 450.00 and haven't seen anything.

I didn't expect too much, I guess, but I also didn't expect to see so many others with the same problem.What should we do?

to yeah me too Dallas, Texas, United States #614603

File complaints with the BBB, Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission.Try to file a police report against them for theft.

And file a civil lawsuit against them for a refund of your stolen money plus you court fees and expenses.I'm sure many of the others who have been scammed too would love to join in on a lawsuit with you!

Unistar Talent - Unistar Treated Me Great!

Dallas, Texas 4 comments

I had never modeled before but was always told by my friends that I had the look.I contact Elena at Unistar Talent and we met.

I didn't have any professional pictures. She told me that she thought I had potential but wanted me to have some good quality pics done so she could make a final determination. I have a friend that is a professional photographer and she took several pics of me. I met with Elena again showed her my pics and she offered to sign me.

I was hesitant since this was a new agency. In August I signed and am very please thus far.

We did a private on-location photo shoot and my pictures came out great and my comp cards are even better.I've already been on several casting, but no work as of yet :) - I would like to thank Elena for her help in getting me into the business.

Review about: Model Services.

Comments

NUNYA223

its a scam.don't waste your money.

they'll take it and run by switching offices every chance they get so you have a hard time reaching them. they won't respond to emails or calls either. and don't deliver what you paid for. save your money and look for a real talent agency.

do your research. they stole $1,100 from me!

they usually have an F rating on the BBB site.Right now it's a D+, but it will most likely go back to its usual F soon.

NUNYA223

also i made a typo in my original post. the company currently has a D+ rating with the BBB and I'm sure it'll fall back into their typical category of being F rated which has been its rating consistently for a year.

NUNYA223

That commenter is most likely fictitious. It seems to me that they create their own reviews to present themselves in a positive light, ]so that they can probably continue to scam people. But the company is fraudelent in my opinion and stole my money.

Seriously, you recommend them?

View more comments

Unistar Talent - I Have No Problem with UniStar

Dallas, Texas 3 comments

I've seen some of the negative reviews that have been posted by "Hickster" and the same postings under other names across the internet.Obviously this person has a vendetta against the agency as this has been a organized effort to defame the agency.

While things haven't gone as smoothly as I expected all in all I am satisfied with the agency and their efforts. I modeled in St. Louis where I grew up and I joined Unistar back in March after moving to Dallas. I didn't get my photo shoot until June, partly my fault because of scheduling.

Then I finally got my comp cards in September. So far I've been on a number of castings and got my first job in October for a local magazine layout. This is tough business and very competitive. Every model is different and has a different look and it's up to a casting agent to pick you - it's one in a 1000 chance.

My agency in St. Louis would submit my e-card and would only get call backs on about 5% of submissions. My first year in St.

Louis I got no work, because I did not have experience.So I am very thankful of what Unistar has been able to get me so far.

Dallas, Texas, United States #614605

Oh I'm sure their numerous bad reviews and bad ratings have shut down this *** company already! I wouldn't do any kind of business with anyone involved with this company at all or anything else they are affiliated with.

As a one time vendor for this company I have to say that I am sorely disaappointed in them as well.I am still trying to collect on an invoice to no avail.

They ignore email and voicemail, say they have mailed the check which never shows up, are always "away on business".Seriously, they need to be shut down.

NUNYA223

this company is such a scam.do your research.

if you waste your money on them....then that's your problem.believe me...you won't hear from them or see anything from them as well once they snatch that cash out of your hand.

Unistar Talent Agency

Dallas, Texas 35 comments

Unistar Agency appears to be very similar to One Source Talent who simply charges a comp card fee and never delivers the comp card nor any bookings or follow up. I have been so-called signed for almost a year with no bookings, no photos, and too many unanswered emails!

Please be careful. I would work only with Core Talent, Horne, Dawson, and some of the other more established firms in lieu of these smaller unverifiable firms. I can verify that as a client, I am completely dissatisfied and have seen no results despite their claims that I am highly marketable.

Elena Humphries

Steve Humpries

Lisa Stanley

Review about: Modelling.

Comments

The Humphries live in a nice home, guess Elena ripped enough

people/us off to keep the house in 2012 while her husband Steven was in prison for fraud..Yup...

I think its 5409 Walden Drive in Plano. or 5904? I followed her after she wouldn't respond to me and she took $1200 of my hard earned money. Its the third house on the left.

Anyway, filed all my complaints and sent certified mail to their home that year, but nothing! Surprise, Surprise!! Someone needs to do something about this.

I'm disguisted with them.

Dallas, Texas, United States #617259

After reviewing other sites for complaints...I've noticed the positive reviews are posted within minutes of each other!

Obviously the company doing so. You'll also notice there have been no updates on the website itself or the Facebook page. Lisa stated to me that there has been nothing new to update, which is a complete lie seeing as they have signed more models since and have supposedly taken photos.

It's an obvious scam and if you're seeing this you have either had an issue or are considering signing.If its the latter of the two I suggest you look for another agency!

I too signed with Unistar Talent. Before I signed any contract I did my research, unfortunately this was months ago and well before any of this helpful information was posted. I received 2 shoots for my comp cards and I DID in fact receive my cards, months later and after many threats. I had recieved 1 casting in my entire 8 months of being signed. Despite having recieved those things, this company is still a scam. You have to fight tooth and nail to get any reply back from them, unless of course it involves you paying them. I personally know 4 other models also signed with them that have not been so lucky to recieve their comp cards. I am in the works of legal action, even if I can't do a thing because I have recieved my cards, I would like to help those that haven't. They have jumped around to many different office locations and it is difficult to find them but if you have been scammed by them, you must fight back!

Steven Humphries is a convicted criminal in the state of Florida for a Ponzi scheme. And while Elena may seem like a sweet person, they are only out for your money.

I do not suggest trusting them if you have no signed but have been contacted by them and I do suggest looking into legal action if you have been scammed. I am looking to make this a subject for all news and media outlets and don't plan to stop until the world is aware. Be careful!!!

Dallas, Texas, United States #614602

I just wanted to inform the public that I no longer work with Unistar Talent Agency, since they failed to follow through with their written promises, such as giving me my printed photos (portfolio/comp card) that I paid them over a grand for!And although I have told them to remove my images/name from their websites/products, it is still posted there.

I'm assuming that they don't want to remove images of individuals they no longer work with, due to the fraud that I and others have experienced from them, because they probably would have no one left on their so called "talent" website if they did so! They are a FRAUD! If you choose to work with them after seeing their negative rating of a D on the BBB website, and all these negative reviews plastered all over the web from former/or current clients that have experienced their fraudulent behavior and business practices, then you're silly! Enter at your own risk!

But don't be surprised if and when they take your money and don't deliver you photos and from what another individual stated, even a photo shoot! They will deposit your money immediately the same day to make sure they have it (that's what they did with mine), and you don't have to wait too long after that for the serious decline in communication! You'll be chasing them all the time for answers (about why they haven't followed through with all their promises), and believe me they'll try their best to avoid and run away from you as fast as they can...

And always do thorough research before you invest in any kind of business (especially a talent agency) that doesn't have a history or good ratings and reviews with consumer protection agencies (BBB, ATTORNEY GENERAL, LICENSING BOARD, ETC) and consumers in general! Thoroughly check everything from the company to the people that actually own the company and the individuals they employ or are affiliated with! You may learn a lot without even knowing much about the company yet! In my opinion (formed from my own horrible experience with Unistar Talent Agency) the company is SHADY and run by liars and scammers!

I wish I had the opportunity to read all these reviews before I wasted my money and time on this WACK company.I would have DEFINITELY AVOIDED THEM, just as much as they have avoided giving me legit answers and returning my WASTED money!

Dallas, Texas, United States #614600

I'm assuming that they don't want to remove images of individuals they no longer work with, due to the fraud that I and others have experienced from them, because they probably would have no one left on their so called "talent" website if they did so! They are a FRAUD! If you choose to work with them after seeing their negative rating of a D (previously an F) on the BBB website, and all these negative reviews plastered all over the web from former/or current clients that have experienced their fraudulent behavior and business practices, then you're silly! Enter at your own risk!

NUNYA223

its a scam.don't waste your money.

do your research. they stole $1,100 from me! they usually have an F rating on the BBB site. Right now it's a D+, but it will most likely go back to its usual F soon.

Sickntired, THANK YOU!I feel the same way!

All these so called positive comments are fake and being posted by one person.Unistar talent is a SCAM!

Karma will come around to you!!Do not give these people money!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #584237

I have the agree with the negative comments. I too have had many issues with this

"agency" and quite honestly it seems that the attacks on GenMil are being posted by the same person just using different screen names. This company is a scam, and you will not get any work out of them just an empty wallet.

For Potential Model/Actresses:

There are many corrupt agencies in the US. Unfortunately, if it is your first time, you may find out the hard way and be taken advantage of. Texas at one time was regulated however it is now an unlicensed business meaning anyone can open a talent agency.

Here are some red flags and helpful tips:

An agency who dictates which photographer you may use or makes you prepay for photos.

(NEVER prepay for anything and exercise caution to an agency who does request you pay them directly.)

Demand names and contact information and contract for photographer and printer so you may be in direct contact with both should an issue arise.

Research the company before signing any contract. Look at sources such as Better Business ( Look for A-B+ ratings only),contact other talent agents for advice, ask for client testimonials.

In response to timing and how long it should take to receive comp cards it should only take several weeks to test, edit the photo shoot, get prints made at the photo lab, send off for your composite card and have them returned, printed, to the model.

Anything longer than this again is highly questionable.

Any reputable agency will address concerns, schedule meetings, and be responsive.

If an agency fails to meet your expectations or fails to produce composites as promised, demand your money back from the agency.

DO TAKE ACTION

Often times...

1.) Demand a refund from your agency, if that fails,

2.) File a Better Business Bureau report,

One thing to consider about the Better Business Bureau though is that they do not have the government control to force a company to do actually resolve or refund anything, they act as a "mediator" and will report open cases for consumer review. It does help illustrate a pattern and will aide you in filing and pursuit of other legal options if a company has repeated patterns of unscrupulous business practice.

3.Contact your attorney or the Attorney General’s office in your state and report your case to The Licensing and Regulation Board.

4. File a Police report for theft in the county in which the business operates.

5. Simple civil litigation, civil or small claims

6. File a consumer class action lawsuit

A single person who has been injured may bring a class action on behalf of everyone who has been harmed. It is common, however, after the action has been started for many other injured people to join the class suit. In some situations, there may be a minimum number of class members specified by law in order for the lawsuit to proceed as a class action. Contact a civil attorney in your area for more information.

For Potential Model/Actresses:

Here are some red flags and helpful tips:

Anything longer than this again is highly questionable.

DO TAKE ACTION

Often times...

1.) Demand a refund from your agency, if that fails,

2.) File a Better Business Bureau report,

4. File a Police report for theft in the county in which the business operates.

5. Simple civil litigation, civil or small claims

6. File a consumer class action lawsuit

I was contacted by other UniStar models over the past few days that Denise Bring had contacted in an effort to get other negative postings about he agency.I too contacted the BBB about the complaint she says she made.

I and many other models have had no problems with Unistar and this lady (if you call her that) has fabricated so many things. It will be interesting about the BBB's final determination, but as far as I see, she will lose because of her misrepresentation of the facts.

It's really sad that people resort to such sick behavior.Go Unistar!

to Jessica Z Dallas, Texas, United States #578880

I was also contacted by Denise - don't know what her problem is but she obviously has many.I am new to this business, but have done some work so far.

Not what I was expecting, but Elena did tell me it would be slow the first year.Glad to see that this woman is being put in her place.

to Sandy H. Dallas, Texas, United States #585465

don't be surprised if its slow the following year as well and the year after that, and the year after that, and the next year....then poof their gone! lmao!

to Sandy H. Dallas, Texas, United States #587884

So Sandy,obviously you feel that a agency taking money from people is ok?Take a closer look at your agency with the BBB and you will see that this is not a smear campaign by one person that you so clam.

I have news, I was or am a client and I too share similar experience. I was hopeful though I am quite sure I will receive nothing either. So before you claim others have problems, look at your agency a little closer

How about sharing your portfolio so we can all see your work with Unistar, enlighten those who have paid!!!!!!

Give us hope!!!!

to Sandy H. #617199

Sandy, the modeling industry is never slow.You either make it or not.

It's not something that will be slow and then all of a sudden change the year after. That is ridiculous. I have met Denise at 1 of 2 shoots and she is a very kind woman that has had herself screwed over. She is doing her research and reaching out to those that may have also been screwed.

Sandy, or Elena/Lisa as I'm sure you're not anyone but those two, you are fighting a losing battle and you will go down.This scam will not last and you will be paying back every cent and then some.

to Jessica Z Dallas, Texas, United States #587881

Where are you on the Unistar website and enlighten us all by providing us your portfolio of work that you have received through Unistar.

It's really sad that people resort to such sick behavior.Go Unistar!

. Written by Jenn on November 27, 2012 from dallas, texas, US

"I was recently contacted by who I believe is GenMill, who is the mother of a Unistar model. She was trying to rally me and others against my agency. It's obvious that she has posted under other sites with different names, Denise, Hickster, etc. but they are all the same. Quite frankly, I find her tactics disgusting. I have had only a positive experience with the agency. Granted, I have not received any work yet, but Elena told me that it would be slow the first year. My zed cards look great and I've been on several castings. I recommend Unistar."

"Interesting, I have spoken with 8 clients of Unistar who all share in the SAME experiences I have personally had. I have personally not engaged in any rally activity. I have sent emails to others simply asking what their experiences have been period, if someone chooses to respond, which 8 have negatively, you be the judge.

By the way- To date, I have no comp cards, has been eight months. I don't care what the excuse is, this is unacceptable by any means.

to GenMil Dallas, Texas, United States #578877

I am a model with UniStar and have been following this post by GenMill or Denise B.She also made a complaint with the BBB that has been dismissed as the BBB felt UniStar had complied with their agreement and done everything in their power to satisfy this woman.

This woman has made multiple post across the internet about my agency, and I'm totally disgusted by her actions.

She also contacted other models that I know to try and hurt the agency.It's all coming out now and she has no credibillity.

to Matt #585245

WOWWW IT IS RIDCULOUSLY APPAULING THAT ONE INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTING UNISTAR WHAT MAKE SO MANY FAKE POSTINGS TO TRY AND SAVE FACE.READ MY WORDS!

UNISTAR IS A SCAM AND SO ARE ALL THESE FAKE POSITIVE REPLIES POSTED 10,000 TIMES. IT'S SICKENING! its a scam. don't waste your money.

do your research. they stole $1,100 from me!

I was recently contacted by who I believe is GenMill, who is the mother of a Unistar model.She was trying to rally me and others against my agency.

My zed cards look great and I've been on several castings.I recommend Unistar.

"Written by JessicaZ on November 23, 2012 from dallas, texas, US

And I ask you why are you hiding behind a fake name here and you use other names on other sites to post the same? Why can't you reveal yourself?"

I use an account name for privacy which I am sure is the same reason you do not post your full name and address either.

Actually there is obviously more complaints than positive here.Same thing has been done to me.

No portfolio, no returned emails, no returned calls.

Always get told Elena is out of the country.Big disappointment and very unprofessional!

to JessicaZ #585246

EXACTLY, WHY WOULD YOU OPEN A TALENT AGENCY IN A COUNTRY THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSEDLY NEVER IN.SHE'S ALWAYS SAID TO BE IN THE UKRAINE!

WELL,= YOU SHOULD HAVE OPENED YOUR FRAUDULENT AGENCY THERE. OR MAYBE THEY ALREADY TOOK EVERYONE'S MONEY THERE, SO THEY DECIDED TO HIT UP THE U.S.

AND CLEAN US OUT HERE.I WONDER WHAT COUNTRIES NEXT!?!

to JessicaZ #585466

Why are you worried about why she doesn't post her real name.Why don't you post your real/full name, address and social security, so that the complainants on this site can also verify if you are a fraud as well and are really signed to her agency.

I'm sure you won't.I'm not sure if you really exist or if you're a figment of Unistar's imagination.

to JessicaZ Houston, Texas, United States #589007

Hey Jessica, What is your full name, email address, date of birth, etc. Don't be absurd as to why people don't post their real names. Too funny!

"Written by I Had a Positive Experience wi on November 23, 2012 from dallas, texas, US

I've seen some of the negative reviews that have been posted by "Hickster" and the same postings under other names across the internet. Obviously this person has a vendetta against the agency as this has been a organized effort to defame the agency."

Thank you for your comment. This person does not have a vendetta against the agency. This person, which is I, would like to make others aware of the experience I have had. I have been in contact with 8 clients of this agency, who all share in similar experiences as I with payment and no receipt of comp cards. If anyone is ever inclined I would be happy to share in a private manner.

If this agency is so reputable, than it would simply deliver comp cards upon demand, which it hasn't and probably will not.

Forums such as this are a way for individuals to share experiences, good or bad. No terms of service have been violated.

I want to say how much I appreciate Elena at UniStar Talent.I had modeled when I was a young teen (now 22) and decided to give it another shot.

We completed the photo shoot (the photos were incredible) and my comp cards were perfect.

I've been on several castings and had three call backs this month!I'm so excited and appreciate UniStar for helping me get back into what I love.

to Unistar is a very professional #585467

are you sure you went on real castings or are they all in your head?

NUNYA223

IT WILL SOON BE 13, BECAUSE MINE WILL BE IN SOON. A LAWSUITE SOUNDS NICE TOO. AND STEVE HUMPHRIES SO CALLED UNISTAR MARKETING CONGLOMERATE....WITH HIS TV/RADIO STATIONS SEEM TO BE BASED PRIMARILY IN THE FLORIDA MARKET, SO THE STOCK SECURITY FRAUD MAKES SENSE.

Hi, I read the above complain, and can tell you that my experience has been exactly the opposite with UniStar. Elena and Lisa have been very responsive and professional. The photo session was great, my comp cards first class, and I've been on many castings and a couple of bookings.

There are two sides to every story, and now you have mine.

to Amy C. #585248

GET A LIFE....FAKE PROFILE...FRAUDULENT COMPANY!

to Amy C. Rosemount, Minnesota, United States #612938

Really?How many bookings and with who?

We would really love to know!Or they all in your dreams?

View more comments